— 0,3% of the cargo cost.
— Insurance of cargoes transported both in Russia and the CIS.
— At least 2 days.
We operate via electronic declaration centers
Continent Group of Companies offers insurance services for the cargoes transported both in Russia, in the CIS and worldwide. Insurance provides an additional safety guarantee for your cargo.
The following classification groups are allocated on the basis of such characteristics as origin, physical and mechanical properties, chemical properties and the purpose of the cargoes transported:
- ore and coal;
- metal and metal products;
- building materials and structures;
- timber, lumber;
- oil and petroleum products;
- industrial equipment, machinery, package units, complete production lines;
- vehicles and loading and unloading equipment, road construction machinery;
- devices, apparatus, measuring, regulating and controlling equipment for various processes;
- office furniture, articles of low unit cost (ALUC);
- grain, legumes, flour;
- household goods of individuals;
- non-ferrous and precious metals;
- audio and video equipment, computers and office equipment;
- glass, pottery and porcelain ware;
- vegetables and fruits;
- perishable meat, dairy, confectionery and other food products.
The risks of death, destruction, damage or loss are typical for most of the classification groups. Almost all kinds of cargoes are at risk of theft or robbery en route. Food cargoes require special temperature conditions during transportation. Optical goods (audio and video equipment) require appropriate packaging in order to avoid the risk of damage from impacts during loading\unloading.
In case of damage to cargo transported, the customer sends theirs claim to the forwarding agent or carrier. However, recognition of the fault does not always mean that financial losses will be reimbursed in full.
The Russian legislation and international conventions provide a limit of liability of an international carrier for 1 kg of cargo lost, missing or damaged (spoiled), which may not exceed:
- 2 SDR units for marine transportation;
- 17 SDR units for air transportation;
- 8.33 SDR units for motor transportation;
- 17 SDR units for rail transportation;
Moreover, the amount of the required compensation may not exceed the amount of value of the cargo, confirmed by the relevant documents (CMR, waybill, invoice, bill of parcels, customs declaration, etc.).
The risks of cargo transportation are estimated taking into account not only the information about the cargo and the insurer, but also about the carrier (transport company). Accordingly, the cost of insurance services is determined individually and depends on the cargo nature, the transportation route, the transportation mode, the cargo cost, the carrier characteristics, etc.
The Continent GC experts will take all the necessary steps to the insurance of any cargoes transported in any direction, offering optimal insurance programs, upon request of the customer.
In case of any matters of interest, you can go to any branch of Continent GC: St. Petersburg, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Belgorod, Krasnoyarsk, Ivanovo, Rostov-on-Don.